21 July 2009

Trompe l'Oeil bottle

SOLD
17 x 17 cms (approx 7 x 7 inches) including frame


I had a frame lying around so I thought I would do a painting to go in it (hmmmm! isn't it supposed to be the other way 'round ;-)
It was so much fun trying to make this look three dimensional and I'm happy with the way it turned out. The shadow on the left and top is not from the actual frame but painted in.
If the buyer hangs it on a wall with a window to the left of it it should be very effective.
I am going to do a series of these little trompe l'oeil (which means 'fool the eye' in French, for those wondering what I'm on about) after I have finished a few commissions that I have on at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. a beautiful atmosphere about this painting, great shadows and handling of light through glass. r.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I agree if the buyer hangs this to the right of a window it will be a very nice effect. I can't wait to see the rest of this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul!

    This is such a unique idea!

    I LOVE how you created the shadow within the frame to fool the eye.

    Very, very cool looking! I had to keep looking back at it to see how it was done and I'm still not sure! LOL

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. This painting makes me smile! It really does look 3-D...what a great idea. I love it.

    ReplyDelete